Monday, June 15, 2015

Ken and his 16" Dobstuff Truss....

Hi Dennis,

Attached is a shot taken while I was setting up last night in my driveway. It was moonless and clear, and the Clear Sky forecast was for Excellent transparency and Above Average seeing, and the forecast was accurate.

I spent most of the time observing galaxies in the Virgo cluster and Leo with the 16”, and I was very pleased with the structure I could see in some of the Messier objects and how easy it was to find some of the smaller and fainter Herschel objects like NGC 3377 and 3412.

My Crossbow Platforms will arrive this week. I’m going to have a dolly similar to the Wheeler Bars made in a local machine shop and attach the platform and 16” to the dolly so I can just roll it out, level and be ready to go.

I love my 16” DobSTUFF, and thanks for all your help and advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment