Saturday, September 19, 2020

A Note from Jonathan in Bellevue, Washington. . .

 Hi Dennis,

I've been using your 10" f/4.5 scope for a bit over a year now.  I'm really happy with it!

The mirror is great and really easy to collimate.  The movement is very smooth, and the balance is nice too; I haven't had any issues changing from light to heavier eyepieces. The telescope is the perfect height for observing while sitting, and light enough to move during a session if needed for tree-dodging. 

Dennis was great to work with as well; he answered tons of questions I had, and was very responsive and helpful.

I have made a few tweaks to the scope: I put a few old CDs around the azimuth bearing to make it a bit smoother. I made a cover for the secondary using a large plastic bottle, and I made the full light shield at the top since I have to contend with a lot of lights when I observe at home.

Thanks! Jonathan


No comments:

Post a Comment