Tuesday, December 8, 2020

A Note and Photos from Jeff and his 10" Telescope -- Jeff Lives in Oroville, California

 A note and photos from Jeff in Oroville, California:

Hi Dennis! 

Sorry not to get back to you sooner. Attached are a couple of pictures for your blog.

I've been busy with work and a wife who's been under-the-weather which has limited my time playing with the scope. It's also been too long since I've worked with one so I'm still reorienting myself to everything. 

I've finally gotten everything squared up and properly aligned (don't worry, the OTA is great. It was remounting the focuser and diagonal accurately) (aren't modern quality laser collimators great? Using a HOTECH). With the counterweight in place, the scope truly is buttery smooth and rock steady. I'm loving it. 

I've been limited to hauling it out to the front yard so far; a horrible place to observe these days with street and neighbor's lights. When we first moved here 35 yrs. ago, I could stand in the front yard and easily observe the milky-way. I look forward to taking it up to the top of Table Mountain for some decent viewing.

Thanks again for your quality work, extra care and concern, and outstanding communication.

Be Well !! 

Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment