Friday, July 29, 2016

A Shroud and an Idea . . .

For those of you who may have a 6-pole truss, or even one of my 3-pole strut telescopes -- here's a great idea for the use of a shroud. See Don's comments and photos:


Hi Dennis,

I bought one of your 6 pole strut kits a few years ago.  I can't remember if I showed you my solution for the 6 pole shroud.  I drilled small holes in the center of the pole support block and in the upper ring and inserted a fiberglass tent pole between each set of struts.  The tent poles can be cut to any length needed.   The tent poles provides support for a shroud to prevent it from falling into the light path.  I used a small hula hoop around the center of the telescope to support the very light tent poles.

I thought you might be interested to show others that a shroud will fit nicely.  I bought my shroud from Heather's Shrouds online.

Don, 
Pembina, North Dakota.

No comments:

Post a Comment