Monday, April 22, 2019

A Note from Patrick in "Philly"....

Hello Dennis,


You probably do not remember me but, in late December 2017 you sold me a partial kit, recut the mount to hold the alt bearings, and later sold me more star nuts (the bane of my telescope building). I kept a journal but have yet to finish composing text and images on my own experiences. Since October 2018 have much enjoyed my sleeker, lighter, and more stylish 12” dob thanks to you! This was important for me to have a lighter and less bulky dob so that I could get it to star gaze and if need be pack it into the car.

I attached some images and will explain more about my dob building in a later email, for example, the reason I kept the UTA. But for now, wanted you to know that you provided me with a great learning experience and improved star gazing. Cannot thank you enough. It holds collimation terrifically, holds position amazingly (even with a monster eyepiece), assembles or breaks down in several minutes.

With best regards,
Patrick
Philadelphia, PA

Pictures taken on the second floor roof of our house in South Philadelphia. Light pollution abounds but this light bucket does an impressive job.

NOTE: I DO remember Patrick and I'm so glad to hear from him.

A little "back" weight works just right!!

Easy Transport option -- easy to transport, setup and store.

No comments:

Post a Comment