Saturday, December 28, 2019

A Note from Kristian and his 13.1" Telescope...

Dennis,

I got the scope together and its very nice.  Thank you I am very pleased with the motions and quality of the wood working.  It was raining all day but I got some clear weather so I actually used it last night and it was very nice to operate  Unfortunately, I sold my coma corrector the same day and I am waiting for a new paracorr2 to come that I ordered.  So their is a lot of coma.   I actually really like the counterweight and how you designed it.  Works like a charm to slide down the pole when changing from a heavy to light eyepiece.  Anyway,  everything seemed to go together perfectly.  The only issue I had is with the secondary mirror.  I was wondering if you knew the distance it should be from the spider vane or if there is an offset that I have to worry about?   I have a collimation cap and chesire on the way as well so for now I am just eye balling it all.  I'll send you some pictures when I get around to it, I am working today.  Thanks again.  Everything arrived in great condition and packaging.
First Light -- Kristian's 13.1: F4.5...

cheers, Kristian...


No comments:

Post a Comment