Friday, November 6, 2020

A Note a Couple of Photos from Brent and his 14" Telescope...

Brents 14" on our rocker box and compared
to the Orion rocker.

This picture shows the difference in size between the original Orion (Go2) mount and the new Dobstuff (manual) one.  I haven't weighed the Dobstuff yet, but I would guess it's around 25 lbs.  The Orion is closer to 92 lbs.  The Dobstuff uses a square box that takes up less space and allows me to get my chair much closer to the eyepiece.  It also brought the eyepiece height at zenith down about 8".

So far I'm very pleased with how this has turned out.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to take it out this weekend despite the cloudy forecast (maybe catch a planet or two).

(Brent sent an email and I borrowed some of  his comments from his CN post).

In just a couple of days, Brent went from the kit, shown
here, applied the custom color, applied the varnish and 
assembled the rocker box. THAT'S fast work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment