Monday, November 1, 2021

A Nice Note from Nick...

 A nice note from Nick about his 14" telescope and our recent visit together:

Hi Dennis,  Hope you had a good weekend and a happy Halloween. It was good seeing you, and thank you again for the time to go over everything with me!  I drove home on Friday and was able to put the telescope together, and then the clouds came out!  Of course :) But, I did look at some trees in the distance and things looked very sharp, and focus "snapped" into place.  

I kept the telescope set up just in case, and indeed the clouds cleared for a short time and I gotta say Jupiter was amazing!  Whereas before it was an endless fine turning of the focuser just to think you can see the red lines "pretty well", now I saw deep colors and more detail than ever before with little effort on the focuser! It was too late for Saturn from my vantage point, but I felt like I was getting the full benefit of the telescope and absolutely loved it.   It truly made all the difference having you look at it and fix it, so thank you again! 

Cheers, 
Nick 

No comments:

Post a Comment