Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Another Note from Chris and his 17.5" Truss Telescope . . .

ANOTHER NOTE FROM CHRIS AND HIS 17" F4.5 TRUSS TELESCOPE:

Hi Dennis,

It is so nice to be able to adjust the primary mirror with out having to kick the bottom of the Sono tube.The mirrors are perfectly aligned at the viewing was good tonight. The scope looks so short now.

I moved the old Odyssey Two out for pictures and the weight difference is unbelievable. The old rocker box weighs more than the new telescope complete.

The paint is Poly Stain Satin. I was looking for something to just finally get this project off the work bench.The kit was fantastic. Everything I needed was there. Every time I needed something it was in that box.

It was pretty easy to put together I only had to back track a couple of times. It moves nicely and I still have to get used to how it works. I had the Odyssey for 35 years and its movement was chunky at best ... Great kit. I really like the way it looks moves and it is so much lighter.  Chris



No comments:

Post a Comment