Hi Dennis, here are some thoughts / issues:
* I love the movement - buttery smooth. The "new" non-Ebony Star laminate stuff works really well.
* The alignment of the bearings to the rocker box isn't perfect, but it's more than adequate, I think. One of those things that will bother me until I actually use the scope :)
* No issues with balance, and I don't think the scope is sitting too high.
* The finder clamp doesn't quite fit between the focuser and the truss poles. I can make it fit if I turn it around the other way, but then the giant washer that goes under the finder scope shoe covers up the nylon set screw hole. Before I drill another hole for the set screw - am I missing something here? The second pic attached may show what I'm talking about...
* Can I shorten the bearing struts? I don't see myself changing the balance point much, if at all.
Should get first light tonight!!!
Thanks again for everything - I'll write up a summary w/ pics for your blog in the next day or so.